It should be clear to you as a landlord how important marketing is to attracting ideal tenants. If you still haven’t used virtual tours, you’re passing up a fantastic chance! Providing prospective tenants with the opportunity to virtually explore your rental properties can serve as an effective means of acquainting them with the features of the establishment prior to their physical visit. We’ll go over the advantages of virtual tours for your rental property marketing and the reasons why you, as the owner, should utilize them in the paragraphs that follow.
Virtual Tour Basics
An electronic simulation of a rental property, known as a virtual tour, provides prospective tenants with the ability to virtually traverse the premises. Virtual tours offer a thorough and immersive picture of every room, unlike photos that just show a portion of the property. In addition, prospective tenants are able to visualize the physical layout of their furnishings and assess the proportions of various rooms and areas within the residence through the use of virtual tours.
Virtual tours of rental properties are preferred by many tenants, according to recent research. According to the research compiled by Zumper, more than 70% of prospective tenants indicated a readiness to lease an apartment without physically inspecting it, on the condition that a 3D virtual tour could be utilized to do so.
Types of Virtual Tours
With virtual tours, potential tenants may explore your rental homes from anywhere without physically being there, giving them an immersive experience. This enables them to comprehend the area and ascertain whether it fulfills their requirements prior to their visit to the property. There are three primary types of virtual tours that you can choose from: virtual reality tours, 3D virtual tour, and 360-degree virtual tours.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: By combining multiple photographs into a single panoramic image, one can generate 360-degree virtual tours. Potential tenants can click and drag to explore the entire room in an image provided by these tours. For rental property proprietors who are new to the world of virtual tours, 360-degree virtual tours are an outstanding choice due to their inexpensiveness and are simple to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: For prospective tenants that want to navigate the property as if they were there in person, a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour offers a more immersive experience than a 360-degree virtual tour. A rental home is photographed extensively, then compiled using specialized software to make these tours. Three-dimensional virtual tours are usually reserved for luxury rental homes due to the time and work involved in producing results of this caliber.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: The most cutting-edge and captivating method of touring properties is through virtual reality (VR) tours. Potential tenants can explore every corner of the home by donning a VR headset and moving around the premises as if they were in person. While virtual reality tours were originally uncommon, they are increasingly more frequent as VR technology becomes more widely available.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
Having covered the fundamentals of virtual tours, let’s look at some advantages of utilizing them to sell your rental property.
• Convenience. The fact that virtual tours are extremely convenient is their greatest advantage. Prospective lessees are able to tour your rental properties from the comfort of their own residences or workplaces. This is particularly advantageous for renters residing out of state or internationally who need assistance organizing a time to visit the property in person.
• 24/7 Availability. Virtual tours are accessible seven days a week, rain or shine. This implies that prospective renters won’t have to accommodate your availability; instead, they can visit your rental units on their own time.
• Increased Online Engagement. Additionally, virtual excursions have been shown to boost engagement. SEO, or the digital visibility of a rental property, can be enhanced through the use of virtual tours. Including a virtual tour in your property listing is an excellent way to increase your search engine ranking and provide Google with fresh content.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Now that you are aware of the advantages of virtual tours, here are some pointers to assist you maximize their use:
• Quality Matters. Quality is everything when it comes to virtual tours; use high-quality images and videos and avoid using blurry or low-resolution photographs. Use high-quality virtual tour information if you want prospective tenants to appreciate the value of your rental homes.
• Include a Call to Action. After your virtual tour, include a call to action (CTA). A call to action (CTA) is a phrase or button that implores prospective tenants to proceed with the next action, such arranging a showing or getting in touch with you for additional details. A CTA encourages potential tenants to take action and get one step closer to signing a lease.
It is a fantastic notion to provide prospective tenants with a sense of your rental properties without requiring them to pay a physical visit; virtual tours enable this. It is ideal to begin employing virtual tours in your rental property marketing right now if you haven’t already. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.